Networking, digitalization, end-to-end consideration: numerous developments present great challenges for procurement in its current structure. Many companies have recognized this, are questioning their organizational structure and want to make their procurement organization fit for the future. With the Value Added Network (VAN) amc presents a new, disruptive organizational concept for procurement. The fact that the VAN is coming is undisputed among experts.
A large part of the organizational concepts valid to date were developed on the basis of outdated assumptions. The most common criteria used for an organizational concept in procurement are the following:
- The differentiation into operative, tactical, strategic activities,
- spatial factors such as the distinction between centralized and decentralized,
- a separation into professional and disciplinary leadership,
- the assignment according to merchandise categories.
The Structures in Procurement no longer fit
In view of increasing networking, digitization, artificial intelligence and an established end-to-end view, the question arises whether an organization derived from these criteria is still competitive. In addition, there are considerations of how: How can the influence of generations Y and Z be taken into account? How can new work concepts and agile methods be promoted in procurement?
One thing is certain: Numerous current and future developments pose major challenges for procurement in its current structure. Many companies have recognized this, question their organizational structure and want to make their procurement organization fit for the future.
amc presents with the VAN the Procurement Organization of the Future
The Value Added Network (VAN) from amc is a new, disruptive procurement organization structure that meets these requirements:
- In the VAN, procurement manages an efficient and effective network on the basis of a digitized infrastructure.
- In order to adapt to dynamic market changes, VAN employees are mostly agile, working in cross-functional project teams.
- By concentrating on the TVO (Total Value of Ownership), the competitive advantage within the VAN is achieved through innovation and speed (time-to-market).
- This enables procurement to create a high added value, supports the sustainable development of the company and minimizes the risks from dynamic market changes.
The Experts agree: The VAN in Procurement is coming!
At this year’s BME European Procurement Summit, amc presented the VAN for discussion. The experts agree on this point: The VAN will play an important role in the future of procurement. The only questions discussed were how the transformation could be best organized.
Develop with amc your Transformation to a Value Added Network in Procurement
Would you like to know more about the benefits, function and structure of a VAN? Are you interested in a modern, agile and clearly structured organizational unit in procurement? We would be happy to work with you to develop your individual transformation plan for the future orientation of your procurement department as manager of a Value-Added Network (VAN).
Talk to us: We accompany you on your way to a modern, competitive Value-Added Network (VAN) in procurement!